Job Title: Intern: Marketing
Hours: 12 hour per week
Compensation: $15 per hour
Application Deadline: January 31, 2018
Eligibility and Qualifications:
The ideal marketing intern would be a college student or recent graduate who is looking for a career in nonprofit communications. Due to the small size of the museum, the intern will enjoy a level of independent responsibility not likely to be found in larger institutions, all the while remaining under the tutelage of the Public Relations and Marketing Specialist.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Firm knowledge of available tools and platforms in the social media space
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Rancho Los Cerritos and the community we serve
The marketing intern will be tasked with promoting upcoming events at Rancho Los Cerritos, including panel discussions and lectures; family programs; volunteer recruitment events; and recreational programs for children and adults.
- Maintain and update press calendar
- Create content and schedule regular social media posts
- Research and explore new social media strategies
- Develop and execute promotion strategies
- Create and distribute marketing materials such as flyers and advertisements
- Assist with developing and implementing marketing strategies
- Write and distribute press releases and pitches
- Participate in outreach events
- Assist with photography and videography
- Special event support as needed
SUBMISSION: Interested candidates should submit their application packages via email to: email@example.com.
A completed application will include:
- A detailed cover letter outlining your interest in and qualifications for the position
- A resume, listing two references
- Link to a portfolio of design work
- Links to your personal social media accounts and/or social media accounts you manage
THE MUSEUM: Rancho Los Cerritos Foundation operates Rancho Los Cerritos Historic Site in a private-public partnership with the City of Long Beach. Interpreting rural life styles and economic development in Southern California between the 1840s and 1940s, the museum encompasses an 1844 Monterey Colonial style adobe on 4.7 acres of land and includes a visitor center and research library. Open hours are Wednesday through Sunday from 1:00-5:00 p.m. for public tours, with school tours, special events and programs offered throughout the year. www.rancholoscerritos.org