Notice Regarding Covid-19
Highlights as of 12/8:
- Outdoor spaces including the gardens and the inner courtyard are open Wednesday – Sunday, to RSVP to visit click here (the picnic area is closed)
- The courtyard is open and limited to three households at a time
- We will continue to offer you virtual events and programming such as storytime
- We will continue adding online content to our website including tours, exhibits, and collections
- No in-person research appointments are being scheduled at this time
- For information on rentals for photography and filming, click here
- For information on renting the Rancho for private events please click here.
We will continue to update this page with the latest information. Please direct all questions concerning our response to Covid-19 to Rancho@rancholoscerritos.org
Rancho Los Cerritos’ Notice to In-Person Visitors:
New Safety Regulations Due to Covid-19:
- Reservations should only be made for your immediate household (maximum 8 people)
- The site is open for active recreation only such as walking, no social gatherings
- The total number of guests on site at one time shall be limited
- The length of visits shall be limited to 1 hour to allow time for all who wish to visit
- Picnicking is not allowed and the picnic area is closed
- Traffic through the site is one way only, please follow the arrows
- Service animals are welcome, but please leave your pets at home
- Face coverings must be worn in compliance with Long Beach City orders
- If you are experiencing symptoms of illness, including cough or fever, please return when you are well
- Maintain 6+ feet of distance between household groups
- Cover your sneeze or cough
- Do not shake hands or engage in any unnecessary physical contact
- Restrooms are located at the Visitor Center
- Long Ago Long Beach virtual classroom for ages 6-12
- Virtual events including, virtual storytime every Tuesday morning
- Virtual exhibits
- Collections highlights
- Take a virtual tour of the Rancho Adobe Home
- Learn about our gardens and history
- Virtual summer day camps, for ages 5-13
- And as always, follow us on social media for new and uplifting daily content @RanchoLosCerritos on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
The lessons of history have taught us that even during the most difficult times, we must protect and treasure our cultural institutions. Rancho Los Cerritos staff will continue to work to bring the historic voice of the diverse people who shaped Southern California to life for our community so that we can continue to share their stories well into the future.
If you are hosting a private event on our site:
As an event venue, we want your private event at Rancho Los Cerritos to be a safe and positive experience. Our team will reach out to you privately about changes to your event, if necessary. Should you or your organization wish to reschedule we will strive to be as flexible as possible and work with you to choose a new available date. Our hearts go out to all individuals and organizations that have been impacted by Covid-19.
If you would like to schedule a film/photography session or host a private event please contact Mallory for our current guidelines and availability.
For any questions or concerns please contact Mallory Rydell at 562-206-2055 or at Malloryr@rancholoscerritos.org.
Rancho Los Cerritos’ Reopening Plan:
Click below to open in PDF format.
For the most up-to-date information on Covid-19, please look to these agencies:
- Long Beach Health and Human Services Department
- Los Angeles County Department of Public Health
- California Department of Public Health
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
We encourage you and your loved ones to continue to follow the necessary safety and hygiene precautions that will help to care for your neighbors, family, and friends.