Notice Regarding Covid-19
Highlights as of 9/1:
As of June 10th, our gardens and inner courtyard spaces are open, to reserve your free ticket to visit click here
New extended Summer hours on Saturdays, 9 am to 5 pm
We will continue to offer you online content such as storytime
We will continue to update this page with the latest information. Please direct all questions concerning our response to Covid-19 to Rancho@rancholoscerritos.org
Rancho Los Cerritos’ Reopening Plan:
Click below to open in PDF format.
- Virtual summer day camps, for ages 5-13
- Sign-up to receive a storytime video from curator Sarah every Tuesday morning.
- Long Ago Long Beach virtual classroom designed for ages 6-12 includes activity booklets and step by step instructional youtube videos! A special thanks to the Miller Foundation and the Munzer Foundation for their continued support of this program.
- Virtually visit our most recent exhibit Tevaaxa’nga (Te-vaah-ha-nga) to Today: Stories of the Tongva People now available online
- Our first-ever virtual exhibit Tea Through Time curated by Arts Council for Long Beach intern Anthony Smyers with the help of Kim Bemowski.
- Our collections are now available to view online
- Take a Virtual Tour of the Rancho Adobe Home through this cutting-edge pilot walkthrough tour developed to make our upstairs spaces accessible to all visitors. Thank you to Craig Sauer for creating this.
- Learn about our Gardens with a series of videos hosted by our Horticulturist and Green Space Expert Marie Barnidge McIntyre.
- And as always, follow us on social media for new and uplifting daily content @RanchoLosCerritos on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
The lessons of history have taught us that even during the most difficult times, we must protect and treasure our cultural institutions. Rancho Los Cerritos staff will continue to work to bring the historic voice of the diverse people who shaped Southern California to life for our community so that we can continue to share their stories well into the future.
For the most up-to-date information on Covid-19, please look to these agencies:
- Long Beach Health and Human Services Department
- Los Angeles County Department of Public Health
- California Department of Public Health
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
We encourage you and your loved ones to continue to follow the necessary safety and hygiene precautions that will help to care for your neighbors, family, and friends.
If you are hosting a private event on our site:
As an event venue, we want your private event at Rancho Los Cerritos to be a safe and positive experience. Our team will reach out to you privately about changes to your event, if necessary. Should you or your organization wish to reschedule we will strive to be as flexible as possible and work with you to choose a new available date. Our hearts go out to all individuals and organizations that have been impacted by Covid-19.
If you would like to schedule a film/photography session or host a private event please contact Mallory for our current guidelines and availability.
For any questions or concerns please contact Mallory Rydell at 562-206-2055 or at Malloryr@rancholoscerritos.org.