Job Title: Digital Marketing Intern
Hours: 12 hour per week
Compensation: $15 per hour
Application Deadline: January 31, 2018
Eligibility and Qualifications:
The ideal digital marketing intern would be a college student or recent graduate who is looking for a career in website development or nonprofit communications. Due to the small size of the museum, the coordinator will enjoy a level of independent responsibility not likely to be found in larger institutions, all the while remaining under the tutelage of the Public Relations and Marketing Specialist.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of search engine analytics to maximize traffic to websites
- Strong experience with WordPress
- Strong writing and proof reading skills
- Basic knowledge of digital marketing fundamentals
- Must possess agility and the ability to organize and execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Must possess technology skills and a curiosity for rapidly evolving marketing technology
- Basic computer skills, including MS Word, Power Point, and Excel
The digital marketing coordinator is in charge of publishing content, maintaining continuity of themes, designing layout, streamlining navigation and increasing online presence to potential visitors, as well as updating our calendar of events and overseeing ecommerce. The website coordinator will also be responsible for monitoring analytics and maintaining the online store, including event registrations.
- Collect, write, and edit website content, including copy and images
- Edit content to meet brand standards and SEO requirements; post on website and update as required
- Utilize Google Analytics to analyze website performance, create data visualizations, and prepare insights for board of directors
- Maintain and add content to Rancho Los Cerritos listings and profiles on partner websites like TripAdvisor.com, Yelp.com, Google Business, and more
- Coordinate content changes including offers and featured events
- Support digital team and account executives with the creation of marketing emails. This includes audience segmentation, building and editing emails, deployment, automation, and gathering response metrics for analysis.
SUBMISSION: Interested candidates should submit their application packages via email to: email@example.com.
A completed application will include:
- A detailed cover letter outlining your interest in and qualifications for the position
- A resume, listing two references
- A link to an online portfolio with websites the candidate has created or maintained
- College transcripts (unofficial OK)
THE MUSEUM: Rancho Los Cerritos Foundation operates Rancho Los Cerritos Historic Site in a private-public partnership with the City of Long Beach. Interpreting rural life styles and economic development in Southern California between the 1840s and 1940s, the museum encompasses an 1844 Monterey Colonial style adobe on 4.7 acres of land and includes a visitor center and research library. Open hours are Wednesday through Sunday from 1:00-5:00 p.m. for public tours, with school tours, special events and programs offered throughout the year. www.rancholoscerritos.org