- This event has passed.
November 12, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 9:30 amFree
We are offering a birding opportunity, with safety measures in place.
- This event has a limited capacity of 10 and advanced registration is required.
- Face coverings must be worn in compliance with city orders.
- If you are experiencing symptoms of illness, including cough or fever please do not join the Bird Walk and return when you are well.
- Maintain 6+ feet distance between groups.
- Cover your sneeze or cough.
- Do not shake hands or engage in unnecessary physical contact.
Stroll through the grounds of the historic rancho and watch both resident birds and seasonal migrants. Participants will also listen to calls and songs and potentially observe other specific seasonal behaviors.
In the fall, our resident fledglings are being cut off from parental feeding, much to their dismay. As a result, we often hear lots of chatter from the young birds that are now charged with learning to hunt for themselves.
Pictured: Townsend’s Warbler
Meet in the lower parking lot at 8 a.m. sharp. Wear comfortable closed-toed shoes and bring a hat and binoculars, if you have them. To maintain social distancing, we will not be lending binoculars out for this event. Free and open to all. Rain cancels.
Please RSVP using our reservation system below.