December 10 @ 8:00 am - 9:30 am
The Rancho will open early for birders to enjoy the space. Safety measures are in place:
- This event has a limited capacity of 10 and advanced registration is required.
- Face coverings must be worn in compliance with city orders.
- If you are experiencing symptoms of illness, including cough or fever please do not visit and return when you are well.
- Maintain 6+ feet distance between groups.
- Cover your sneeze or cough.
- Do not shake hands or engage in unnecessary physical contact.
There will not be a guided walk at this time, but staff will be available to answer bird related questions. Birders are free to stroll the grounds and observe resident and migrant birds.
In the fall, our resident fledglings are being cut off from parental feeding, much to their dismay. As a result, we often hear lots of chatter from the young birds that are now charged with learning to hunt for themselves.
Pictured: Townsend’s Warbler
Bring a hat and binoculars, if you have them. To maintain social distancing, we will not be lending binoculars out for this event. Free and open to all. Rain cancels.
Please RSVP using our reservation system below.